Sign in to follow this  
Jackson_Genesis

Share your Valentine's Day Stories and You Could Win 5000 GEN!

To celebrate Valentine's Day and to give back a little to our community, we're pleased to announce that we're doing a giveaway of Genesis Coins for Valentine's Day! In total there's 25,000 GEN up for grabs! 

There's a few different competitions we're running for this giveaway. The first one is  Valentine's Day Meme Competition - we want to see the best memes you can come up with! We've created a thread on the forum so that you can share your memes! The best three memes will each receive 5,000 Genesis Coins!

The second competition is a simple retweet and follow on Twitter. We'll post a tweet and all you have to do is retweet it and make sure you're following us! We'll pick one winner at random to win 5,000 Genesis Coins!

For the final prize of 5,000 Genesis Coins, we want to hear your best, or worst, Valentine's Day experiences! Share your stories in this thread and we'll choose the best one. The stories must not be overly sexual though! 

Let me start you on my Valentines journey. When I met my husband I got a Valentine gift every year. But even though I was lucky in love and had the best man ever I have to tell you about my worst Valentines day ever. I met him in 1989, we got married in 2005. He got sick 2013. They diagnosed him with lung cancer. He passed away Dec 2016 I got my last Valentine 2016. He knew that would be my last yet as sick as he was he managed to buy that last card. It was the most important card of all. He wrote I will love you forever. Of all those cards I got I saved only one. That last one I got in 2016. So now every Valentines day I take it out and put it on display to remind me how lucky I was to have him in my life, forever his heart is mine.

Much love @vhighfill - and thanks for sharing that xoxo - i think i've mentioned before but I'm glad you have some beautiful memories of time spent with your husband. Gone but will always live on in your heart. 

My only Valentines story is pretty short but its more just an offering to lift the spirits (considering today took a turn for the worst in Florida :( ) 

17 years ago - my hubby and I had only known each other for a few weeks. I wasn't expecting a present, and honestly - who would after only knowing someone a few weeks!! He turned up at my door Valentines evening unexpectedly, and shock/confusion and utter disbelief I see him standing before me in a full Jesters costume (shoes, hat, weird pants) (no makeup tg), holding a shopping bag out at me with one hand yelling "Surprise"! I was let me tell you - I thought oh wow, this guy is utterly adorable and I'm not letting him go - no way!!

Turns out he was heading to a Medieval wedding that weekend and had just picked up his costume, decided to roll with it, wore it into a supermarket and picked me up the cheesiest looking valentines day bear holding a chocolate, left the receipt in the bag and everything... 

3 minutes ago, Jackson_Genesis said:

Thanks for sharing your stories @vhighfill and @LeeMac:)

We've chosen to award the 5000 GEN to @vhighfill as it was a really touching story! 

Oh wow thank you so much. Best Valentines day ever. I will always remember this day as a winner. First time I've ever one something so grand. 

2 hours ago, vhighfill said:

Oh wow thank you so much. Best Valentines day ever. I will always remember this day as a winner. First time I've ever one something so grand. 

Don't worry

You will still meet him in the afterlife :)

7 hours ago, Somasoma14 said:

Don't worry

You will still meet him in the afterlife :)

Yes so true. But until that day I must continue on to find my purpose. Also hope to find another kind soul to help me on the rest of my journey. Maybe have another Valentine. 

You are so kind.