LeeMac

Sell RefLinks space for GenCoin/GenPoints on the forum

I dislike continual spamming of reflinks or the constant moderating of links in the wrong places just as much as the next person - but creating a place on the forum where users can "buy" reflink space to advertise a link using gencoin or genpoints would initiate a trading cycle. The space could be rented for a month say and visitors could be rewarded with GenPoints for visiting the site once daily. Something along those lines anyway. 

There's a gem here. This is an awesome proposal. It's gonna make gen coins more wanted and needed. I hope this will be considered very soon because this will provide community members a lot of opportunities to increase purchasing power. This is expedient for gen coins. Those who will be given access to the links should also pay gen points so the advertisers will me more thrilled to pay for ads. Fair enough. Buying and selling of precious data. @Jackson_Genesis, this will also threaten scammers. We can be the best site for this particular industry

Yep - and just to be clarify because I saw an earlier suggestion on the board just now - this isn't banner advertising, (although its nice without them right now), but rather a specific reflink page/tab that forum users could navigate to. If they click the links once a day they would get say 1GP per link clicked.

An example of this service can be found in my sig. :)

21 hours ago, LeeMac said:

Yep - and just to be clarify because I saw an earlier suggestion on the board just now - this isn't banner advertising, (although its nice without them right now), but rather a specific reflink page/tab that forum users could navigate to. If they click the links once a day they would get say 1GP per link clicked.

I love your concept. Yeah, not just banner advertising. With all honesty, I don't like banner advertising very much because I love real details. I'm not the kind of person who can be sold to through attractive campaign materials. I love details on whitepaper, roadmap, those things. Well, the banners would lead us to those but we really need a space where we can have extensive discussions about projects. We have to scrutinize information

23 hours ago, LeeMac said:

Say 1 click a day you will have farming as well because the points given won't ever be enough just for one visit. That means people will keep hitting lunks just for the points. Good concept but there has to be rules where farming is not an issue.

On 04/02/2018 at 3:13 AM, vhighfill said:

Say 1 click a day you will have farming as well because the points given won't ever be enough just for one visit. That means people will keep hitting lunks just for the points. Good concept but there has to be rules where farming is not an issue.

That would need to be factored into the cost of the reflink space I imagine. But say there were only a max of 5 links, at 1GP per click per day... thats only equiv to 1 sh*tpost. And Comment farming is by far and away the absolute easiest and most transparent way to farm in my mind, however supporting your fellow community members by clicking on their paid reflinks is actually just a great way to build a referral network, supports the use of GenCoin/GenPoints and give forum users another (albeit lower value) way to get some GP.

Theorhetically speaking jackson would need to build a system for it that counts how many people click on it, payments etc. 

Why not go a step further and build a system that pays with gen coins and offer it to any companies out there. 

Well since there is such a small amount in GEN in no time value will go up and it will be 0.1 gen per click :)

You know that's a good idea. You both have great ideas. I was only pointing out that there are always some who will undermine. Paying for reflinks is good. Its also good to offer rewards. I agree this would work out well.