Endure

Mew phising sites

Friends there are many phising sites that looks like mew so be careful when you login to your wallet.

a lot of wallets have been hacked recently. last i heard was someone's cryptopia was cleaned out about 120k lost. 

it is his own fault for keeping it at the exchange but in my experience i use a different email address for every other exchange and use 2fa and al possible security measures

On 1/25/2018 at 7:31 PM, xindoa said:

a lot of wallets have been hacked recently. last i heard was someone's cryptopia was cleaned out about 120k lost. 

it is his own fault for keeping it at the exchange but in my experience i use a different email address for every other exchange and use 2fa and al possible security measures

$120k? sad to hear that...

It's always better to buy coins and immediately transfer. But if you are into day to day trade you have no option than to keep your funds in exchanges. 

MEW recomends a plugin from chrome that can check to make sure no phishing. 

Personally i always go o incognito mode before going to MEW 

as Xindoa said, you always need to put different passwords and all available security. 

lets cross fingers and hope that there is no more people getting hacked 

Does the phishing MEW also look small and does it also appear on the right side or is there a phishing website where they entered their password of private keys? How was the wallet wiped out? What are the exact details of the event?