Sign in to follow this  
Jackson_Genesis

What Would You Like to Know?

One of the main aim's of Genesis is to provide a place where newcomers to cryptocurrency can come and learn in a friendly and active community. As our most recent weekly update showed, a large percentage of our community are very new to cryptocurrency.

We would like to look into producing guides that are written by us related to crypto. This could be a guide on ICOs, wallets, exchanges etc. Anything really. These would be published alongside our weekly updates.

For this, we would love to know what it is that you guys want to know the most!

On another note, when I'm not working on Genesis, I'm quite an active investor in the cryptocurrency scene and have been growing my portfolio over the past few months. I would love to be able to share my opinions on projects, coins and ICOs and hopefully share some of my advice, opinions and thoughts. However I'm not sure if it is right for me to give opinions and advice relating to other coins and projects in more detail considering I'm already involved in a project such as Genesis. Let me know your thoughts!

I want to know all the steps like ... Example I bought some coin it shows .00021352 in my account it shows 9.55 us dollars OK so o want to sell . how do I sell what would fees be and how much in dollars would I get and how do I get it to my safe place. Because I'm still lost on what it all means. This is just my example

10 hours ago, vhighfill said:

I want to know all the steps like ... Example I bought some coin it shows .00021352 in my account it shows 9.55 us dollars OK so o want to sell . how do I sell what would fees be and how much in dollars would I get and how do I get it to my safe place. Because I'm still lost on what it all means. This is just my example

So basically an in-depth look at how to trade and what it all means? What exchange are you using for example?

11 hours ago, Jackson_Genesis said:

So basically an in-depth look at how to trade and what it all means? What exchange are you using for example?

Using coinbase because at the bottom it also shows USD. So is that a place to keep USD after selling to use to buy more of a different token or coin. 

@Jackson_Genesis i would love to hear about your other projects. we are all here to learn. i'm also working close with a project i believe in. and i'm giving my opinion about other stuff 

How do you choose a real/good ico? There are many ico recently. I heard some ico exit scam, not only ico lending platform but ico non lending also. If "good" is to large then how about "real" ico. I'm talking about ico non lending/staking platform.

For me, there a few factors.

Firstly, what they are proposing needs to sound realistic and doable. If they're promising stuff that is frankly absurd or super complex, that would raise concerns for me especially if they're looking to raise a lower amount.

Secondly, you have to decide what a realistic price of the token will be in the future and that price is determined by it's use and popularity of the platform they are developing. For that, a good marketing team is needed as well as a decent product. Is it something you can see a lot of people using? If not, then why would there be enough demand to raise the price of the token up?

Look into the team and the way they act and communicate. Most ICOs show the team members and their profiles but this isn't always safe as it's easy to use fake pictures and make up fake history experience. If anything, I'd judge them more on what they say or do than their profiles. It can still be a good guide to use though to get an idea of the team behind it but just because they have pictures and names doesn't mean they are real, or if they are real, it doesn't mean they are competent.

Another thing I'd do is look at that site and whitepaper and any Minimum Viable Product or demo they have running. You can get an idea from these the sort of quality they are working at and how professional they are. At the same time, it shouldn't be perfect as otherwise why are they raising money? Be dubious of any "pictures" or screenshots they use as these can often be made to look way better than the actual product, especially if they are using these to sell you the vision for the Pre-sale or ICO itself.

Lastly, only put in money that you are prepared to lose. Acknowledge that it is a risk and be prepared to lose everything. If it works then that's a bonus. It's a risk that if it pays off, can be extremely lucrative but like I said, you have to weigh up the risks and be prepared to lose it all.

I want to know what it means when people talk about gas. Ether gas. Does this mean speed. All the talk about high gas ect. Has me confused. Can someone explain the meaning. Thanks

Edited by vhighfill
Spelled wrong

@vhighfill GAS is the price you ahve to pay to make a transaction in Ethereum. and the speed of your transaction is depening on how much gas you pay. the more gas you pay the faster your transaction will go.. you can see the gas price here https://ethgasstation.info/

is that clear for you? 

On 15.01.2018 at 6:06 PM, Jackson_Genesis said:

Одна из главных целей Genesis - предоставить место, где новички для криптовалюты могут приходить и учиться в дружественном и активном сообществе. Как показало наше самое последнее еженедельное обновление, большая часть нашего сообщества является очень новой для криптовалюты.

Мы хотели бы изучить руководства, написанные нами, связанные с криптографией. Это может быть руководство по ICOs, кошелькам, биржам и т. Д. Что-то действительно. Они будут опубликованы вместе с нашими еженедельными обновлениями.

Для этого нам было бы интересно узнать, что именно вы, ребята, хотите узнать больше всего!

С другой стороны, когда я не работаю над Genesis, я довольно активный инвестор в криптовалютной среде и за последние несколько месяцев увеличил свой портфель. Я хотел бы поделиться своим мнением по проектам, монетам и ICO и, надеюсь, поделиться некоторыми своими советами, мнениями и мыслями. Однако я не уверен, что для меня было бы лучше дать мнения и советы, касающиеся других монет и проектов, более подробно, учитывая, что я уже участвую в проекте, таком как Genesis. Позвольте мне знать ваши мысли!

Мне очень понравился ваш пост.Я делаю первые шаги.Я бы хотела ,чтоб были какие то по шаговые инструкции ( для чайников) Спасибо

35 minutes ago, mayram said:

Мне очень понравился ваш пост.Я делаю первые шаги.Я бы хотела ,чтоб были какие то по шаговые инструкции ( для чайников) Спасибо

Please only use English. Sections for other languages may be added in the future.