LeeMac

Anyone still playing Pokemon Go?

Personally, I haven't played for awhile, or looked at anything PGo related considering the craziness I got lost in for a few months in the beginning... but I just updated tonight and might go for a wander over the next few days and see what Pokemon are out and about. 

So, if we have any Pokemon Go fans here, tell me your most memorable catching experiences?

I've got 2 I want to share quickly.

1 - Hubby used to drive me on Poke-dates... He's a petrol head so he pretty much did skids while I popped an incense and made him drive under the 40km speed around the farming blocks... yes, away from main traffic...awww good fun!! He's only get frustrated when Pikachu would take forever to catch lol.

2 - On one of our night-time hunts in a city, we parked up alongside several other cars at a lured Tri-Pokestop place (mostly off the road). Our car was still running, headlight on ready to move off when a copcar cruised by slowly and pulled over ahead of us... you're not supposed to use your mobile while in the drivers seat, and Police coming down hard and checking drivers more frequently after accidents etc, so I was a little scared at this point and threw my phone at hubby... however the cop, was only really checking the Poke-mob wasn't getting too unruly, causing problems and stuff so he didn't give us any grief, instead he slowly cruised back past us all and turned on his loudspeaker... and started to play the Pokemon themesong!!! And it was EPIC!!! 

Ok, whose next lol!!

7 hours ago, Maverick said:

Lol... No

You need to stop with the low level replies to every thread and actually post replies that are useful and contribute to the discussion...

I played a lot when it first came out and have reinstalled it a few times since then but I always end up deleting it before too long. 

I think for me the idea is great but the execution is poor. It needs 6 pokemon teams and friend vs friend battles to make it into the game that everyone wanted to play. As of right now it's basically a collect-a-thon that you actually have to do the walking yourself for. 

I'm a very lazy person so I don't just go up t for walks except with my dog and when I do have to walk somewhere I'm usually not gonna want to have my phone out the entire time just in case I see a jiggly puff or whatever. 

i used to be so obsessed with pokemon go. id usually go searching for pokemons with my brother after school. i love how it became sort of like a trend, and on lunch breaks you'll see groups of year 10s - 12s passing by the basketball court because that area keeps on spawning pikachus and meowth. the school library was worst you can literally find nothing except for weedles lol

i was only hooked on it for 3 months and then i stopped completely lol

Edited by MissPuppy

i played a few weeks ago with my niece. she is 8 years old. man can she run. had a hard time following here. now every time she sees me she want to play. 

On 1/15/2018 at 7:33 AM, LeeMac said:

Personally, I haven't played for awhile, or looked at anything PGo related considering the craziness I got lost in for a few months in the beginning... but I just updated tonight and might go for a wander over the next few days and see what Pokemon are out and about. 

So, if we have any Pokemon Go fans here, tell me your most memorable catching experiences?

1 - Hubby used to drive me on Poke-dates... He's a petrol head so he pretty much did skids while I popped an incense and made him drive under the 40km speed around the farming blocks... yes, away from main traffic...awww good fun!! He's only get frustrated when Pikachu would take forever to catch lol.

2 - On one of our night-time hunts in a city, we parked up alongside several other cars at a lured Tri-Pokestop place (mostly off the road). Our car was still running, headlight on ready to move off when a copcar cruised by slowly and pulled over ahead of us... you're not supposed to use your mobile while in the drivers seat, and Police coming down hard and checking drivers more frequently after accidents etc, so I was a little scared at this point and threw my phone at hubby... however the cop, was only really checking the Poke-mob wasn't getting too unruly, causing problems and stuff so he didn't give us any grief, instead he slowly cruised back past us all and turned on his loudspeaker... and started to play the Pokemon themesong!!! And it was EPIC!!! 

Ok, whose next lol!!

I still play once in awhile and when my husband was alive he would drive me all over to catch them. It was our fun thing we did together. It was quality time we spent. The he died of cancer. So my search for all mine stopped for awhile

I stumbled and fell over a bush, nearly had my face entirely scarred, while playing PGO....

Now, I run behind my daughter, who too plays it.

Man - Circle of life.

I got to admit i am still playing, ususally when i am on public transport only.

I hate not finishing what i start and my goal is to eventually reach Level 40. 

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 2:33 PM, LeeMac said:

Ok, whose next lol!!

I try to bly it but it not support in egypt

On 19/01/2018 at 1:14 AM, gostman2006 said:

I try to bly it but it not support in egypt

Oh sadface - sorry for that - i know what its like to be in a low population area vs seeing all the action in bigger cities so i feel ya on that one :(

On 18/01/2018 at 10:16 AM, Alvi said:

I got to admit i am still playing, ususally when i am on public transport only.

I hate not finishing what i start and my goal is to eventually reach Level 40. 

Someone else I spoke with mentioned this the other day too :) how far off 40 are you?

On 18/01/2018 at 9:29 AM, cryptoshiva said:

I stumbled and fell over a bush, nearly had my face entirely scarred, while playing PGO....

Now, I run behind my daughter, who too plays it.

Man - Circle of life.

Dammnnnn not the face!! thanks for giving me a lol tho and good on ya for getting the kids onto it - i tried but mine didnt understand the hype around Pikachu at all - kek!!

On 18/01/2018 at 8:11 AM, vhighfill said:

I still play once in awhile and when my husband was alive he would drive me all over to catch them. It was our fun thing we did together. It was quality time we spent. The he died of cancer. So my search for all mine stopped for awhile

Aww sorry to hear about your husband's passing :( I'm glad you did this together. I know that I have some fun and cherished moments with my partner from PGO so I can only imagine hearing that you did this also, that you have many of the same. And thx hun for sharing that - much love! xoxo

Edited by LeeMac

On 18/01/2018 at 6:05 AM, xindoa said:

i played a few weeks ago with my niece. she is 8 years old. man can she run. had a hard time following here. now every time she sees me she want to play. 

Oh god!! Its all fun and games til the child runs too far ahead for you to catch them - forget the mons - gotta catch the wiley lvl8 hooman!!

On 17/01/2018 at 5:56 AM, MissPuppy said:

i used to be so obsessed with pokemon go. id usually go searching for pokemons with my brother after school. i love how it became sort of like a trend, and on lunch breaks you'll see groups of year 10s - 12s passing by the basketball court because that area keeps on spawning pikachus and meowth. the school library was worst you can literally find nothing except for weedles lol

i was only hooked on it for 3 months and then i stopped completely lol

Hahah - I hear ya - my office was home to weedles and pidgeys... and rattatta's. Hundreds... and hundreds... of pidgies................

1 hour ago, LeeMac said:

Someone else I spoke with mentioned this the other day too :) how far off 40 are you?

I am at LVL 38 . 

Maybe 40 end of 2018 

yikes - does it get that crazy of a grind up in the top end? good luck though :) 

If you wamt to reach it you will need to grind a lot. But i am not streessed and dont play much 

after pokemon go launch, just two or three month i active play pokemon go, but now i uninstalled poke go from my phone...

On 01/02/2018 at 5:42 AM, cumiguling said:

after pokemon go launch, just two or three month i active play pokemon go, but now i uninstalled poke go from my phone...

Yep - a lot of people I know where like that - they were mad for it - and then the novelty wore off really fast lol!! I stayed playing for quite a while myself - I really wanted the legendaries, or to collect all the different evo stones, but meh... the novelty eventually wore off on me too :I