Sign in to follow this  
xindoa

Genesis Reward Points off topic

As we all all working to make this community better. off topic is a must have thread but maybe we should not get rewards for the off topic section. you should be rewarded for all relevent and on topic information you are giving but off topic is just a fun place to be not needed to get rewards for that 

you can deduct points for this edit :P but tried to edit and i don't have t'is option. 

also the introduce yourself should not get rewarded. al we say is welcome to the community. not needed to be rewarded for that. that should come natural :D

You can only edit 5 minutes after posting I believe.

Introduce Yourself does not reward any points as it was being point farmed to an extreme level! We'll consider making off-topic not reward points.

49 minutes ago, Jackson_Genesis said:

You can only edit 5 minutes after posting I believe.

Introduce Yourself does not reward any points as it was being point farmed to an extreme level! We'll consider making off-topic not reward points.

i wanne say welcome to everybody that joins but was kinda feeling guilty not a lot you can say as a welcome

That's why we disabled earning points there so people can say Hello and Welcome to whoever they want as often as they want without feeling like they are spamming, so long as it's not to the same person over and over :P

Even if we enabled it just for newbies, it still doesn't prevent people from point farming as a newbie could easily go through and reply to every welcome thread and earn points that way. Plus it starts getting more complicated the more restrictions etc we add for the different levels and ranks.

Disabling earning points in the introduce yourself and disabling the feature to send points between one another has definitely helped somewhat.