gostman2006

can anyone help me?

I suggest you to start participating in giveaways, airdrops and bounties first.

In the meanwhile you will learn more about cryptocurrencies and then you can yourself decide which cryptocurrency to invest in :)

Do not forget to check the background of the team and the whitepaper before deciding whether the project is legit or not.

There is no hard and fast rule when it comes to investing in ICOs. They are risky ventures and most ICOs fail either because they were outright scams; or the idea they had in mind was just not workable or sustainable; or they did not do their homework to understand possible legal and regulatory pitfalls for their project.

On paper, it is always easy to look legit and it requires a more intimate knowledge of the cryptoworld at large before you are able to actually separate the wheat from the chaff.

If taking the time to research them yourself doesn't work out Coinstarter is working on an ICO investbox plan. It might already be up and running - I dunno... but if you are happy to trust rando ppl on a forum who could happily lead you astray, then the Coinstarter option might work for you. You have to pay them of course... but they buy into ICO's they research and decide if they are worth it and dependant on the plan you pick with them (per month pricing), you get a few tokens in each of the ICO's. There are other ICO signal sites, but really wouldn't you rather trust your own research than someone else's? 

Otherwise, trying to pick an ICO that may or may not every get its coin off the ground, well if youve got loads of $$$, just invest in the ones you can relate to - ie the project has a usability that you yourself would use. For example, SuchApp is marketing itself as an being one of the top 5 messaging apps in the next 5 years and believes it will outpace Messenger, Viber, & Whatsapp because of its tech integrating with the blockchain and other cool things. Now, if you really like that or could see yourself using this app - then investing in this type of project early would be right up your alley. 

But, again, ICO's might look the part, play all the right sounds etc, but they are riskier. Bigger gains could be made, but also bigger losses. Some have higher minimum buy-ins and if it goes south, your money is gone and can't be traded back to an exchange if it never makes it to one... so please before you commit any money anywhere, be sure you've done your homework. 

LeeMac, are you getting any of the coinstarter referral credits?  pardon for the derailment.  

It Is informative and I am learning more about the icos and thanks for the information. I don't see how there are referral links associated to the post so I commend you. I need to look at coinstarter to see what its all about

On 12/01/2018 at 5:11 PM, cbob1911 said:

LeeMac, are you getting any of the coinstarter referral credits?  pardon for the derailment.  

Actually - no... I saw ur message earlier and put the link into a traffic exchange site and had a few hits... but no credits are showing on my Coinstarter history... I asked in Telegram channel and got this response - so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

image.png.d9f22ccbcaec6028cdaf63f9be47077c.png

lots of research. So far lots of the legit ico's that my friends and i have stumbled across lately requires KYC a.k.a ID verification. but like what arcrypto wrote, you should participate in airdrops, bounties etc :D  and i recommend that you sign up to binance. i think back in december 2017, all binance users received 500 trons ($TRX). it was worth nothing during that time. but now 500 $TRX is equivalent to almost $80 USD at the moment.  :) 

I don;t think there is any right ico. some sound good but end by crashing some sound like nothing but prove to be great. You could get info from the whitepaper and see how many people are intrested in it and donated for the coin. I think this 2 can help you

Lots of good answers/advice ,  and i agree do your own research , don't get mislead  and only invest what u can afford to loose , start with free airdrops/ bounties . lots of fakes one out there but they are free , just be careful the info you placed to fill out forms . ..  crypto world is still like the wild west ... If you like can follow me on twitter , i usually research up and coming projects , that usually offer airdrops or bounties .   Genesis is a good project/ crypto to own and hold .  and we are fortunate we are getting some for free , at least i feel so . well good luck to you all , enjoy the roller coster ride of cryptos for january ,   

On 1/15/2018 at 7:37 PM, Mikeposner123 said:

It's risky.. but a good research is important and discuss on forums

I wonder o..i just don't know how they will be creating fake icos..... On everything someone do now, you just need to do research well

I always check on reditt and bitcointalk for starters. And of course you can always ask on this forum :)