Somasoma14

Buy or wait?

For me personally, I think the most important to ask yourself if you're looking to invest is whether or not you think the price is going to increase and by how much. 

If you're someone who believes Bitcoin will get to 30k or above in the next year, then the cheaper you can get in the better. I expect Bitcoin will have another dip like it has had over the last few days when it's gone down to high 15, low 16k before bouncing back quickly. 

I believe that we'll see a $50k Bitcoin at some point but it's all speculation. 

A good bet might be to grab some Bitcoin but also hold a few Alts like Eth, XMR and even Vert. Those three will probably give you bigger returns quicker but it's all relative to how much you're prepared to invest though.

Hope that helps a little!

16 minutes ago, Jackson_Genesis said:

For me personally, I think the most important to ask yourself if you're looking to invest is whether or not you think the price is going to increase and by how much. 

If you're someone who believes Bitcoin will get to 30k or above in the next year, then the cheaper you can get in the better. I expect Bitcoin will have another dip like it has had over the last few days when it's gone down to high 15, low 16k before bouncing back quickly. 

A good bet might be to grab some Bitcoin but also hold a few Alts like Eth, XMR and even Vert. Those three will probably give you bigger returns quicker but it's all relative to how much you're prepared to invest though.

Same here, I'm waiting for a big dip first before buying. Saw alot of new people buying bitcoin maybe because of fomo. Can't blame them though. Can't call it panic buying since we already knew that bitcoin's price will surely go up since a lot of people will surely adopt to this kind of system. As time goes by, bitcoin's price will continue to increase too.

Edited by Somasoma14

On 12/15/2017 at 11:28 AM, Jackson_Genesis said:

Buy low sell high. That's how I see it

My understanding is that there is a rise going on right now, it's about $19k and might go few thousands up. So you might want to invest now. Then however, there may be another reversal to lower than the current price, so you may try to look for the top, sell, and get more when it gets lower. Those are all of course just ideas based on some smarter people's thoughts, but good ideas I believe.

Edited by johnjohnny

On 12/16/2017 at 12:16 AM, Somasoma14 said:

Should we wait for bitcoin's price to decrease or should we buy now?

Bitcoin's price might crash but that wouldn't be for a while yet.

That said, there are plenty of bitcoin hard forks coming up. A little note (in case no one is aware of it): bitcoin price dips whenever there is a hard fork. So wait for that if you plan on investing some of your hard-earned money in bitcoin.

Buying on the rise is often the cause of many unnecessary heart attacks.

Hold the smaller altcoins and trade bicoins.

Buy bitcoin when it dips to $18850 and sell when it gets to $21k before the take profit  happens and it dips down to around $17k.

Altcoins like xrm, vertcoin and IOTA are worth holding long term

My view is never listen to what other investors say lol.  Do your own due diligence, be risk averse and know your limits.   Personally, i don't day trade or do shorts at all, i realise that i just don't have the time nor know how to make it work for me so essentially, i mostly hold and set a target for profit margin, once i reach that, i take my profit and start again.  

5 hours ago, llyfee said:

My view is never listen to what other investors say lol.  Do your own due diligence, be risk averse and know your limits.   Personally, i don't day trade or do shorts at all, i realise that i just don't have the time nor know how to make it work for me so essentially, i mostly hold and set a target for profit margin, once i reach that, i take my profit and start again.  

Best advice ever, always think for yourself. But there are traders and trading buddies, you will learn the difference.

On 12/17/2017 at 11:00 AM, llyfee said:

Well a nice advice , due to the situation of things in the Crypto world, most people are always cautious of where they invest in and if that do invest they tends to cash out at the slightest profit made. That is why you have to study the coin you are about to invest in carefully. 

It is really a question of do you believe in BTC as a technology. There will be proponents on both sides by history tells us that long term investment in any investment industry goes up. Take that for it's worth as more you diversify your portfolio the better chance you have of fundamental growth in your portfolio.

I actually feel now might be a good time to buy more now the price has dipped to almost $15k. I'm anticipating a bit of a rally between xmas & new year & expect to start 2018 bullish. Shame I dont have any more money to invest though :P

20 hours ago, Nefarious said:

I actually feel now might be a good time to buy more now the price has dipped to almost $15k. I'm anticipating a bit of a rally between xmas & new year & expect to start 2018 bullish. Shame I dont have any more money to invest though :P

I'm holding but steady losing