Sign in to follow this  
Jackson_Genesis

What Exchanges Are Realistic for Genesis?

We have a few exchanges in mind for the future to get Genesis added to but we wanted to reach out to the community and see what exchanges you had in mind.

We're looking for realistic exchanges however so while Bittrex and Binance would be great exchanges to be on, they are not realistic for us especially at present.

For Genesis to be listed, an exchange needs to:

1) Accept ERC20 tokens

2) Have a reasonable listing fee OR a fair voting system

3) Easy to sign up and use

Let us know what exchanges you can find!

I think we can try Mercatox exchange. I can see a lot of ERC20 tokens use their voting system. Very easy to sign up and use. Now they improve the voting system to avoid fake voting points.

Another easy using exchange is coinexchange.io, but they don't have voting system.

mercatox is to hard these days, their voting system has some bugs and few smart-A dev are using that to bring their tokens up the voting list, 

its hard to tut there now. But i had seen a project on BCT forum, it was called something like NEXT . when i read their thread, their project was about making a new home for tokens, we can check them too, if I'm not remembering wrongly

2 minutes ago, francois said:

In terms of just a really nice exchange: Kucoin. They've got Tradingview charts and list some interesting projects. Not sure what their fees are like though. 

Wasn't aware of Kucoin but it looks good and seem to have a fair system for adding tokens! 

3 minutes ago, Jackson_Genesis said:

Wasn't aware of Kucoin but it looks good and seem to have a fair system for adding tokens! 

It's a shame other exchanges don't use the Tradingview API like they do. You can right-click in the chart and choose options like SET BUY ORDER HERE etc. And having access to all the indicators and functions of Tradingview right there is fantastic. With bittrex etc. I'm always switching to tradingview for the charts then back to Bittrex to trade.

I think probably crytopia.

Etherdelta, has so many restrictions

1) unlike other exchanges, you cannot see the % gain or %loss anywhere on the site. I know this influence alot of investors to invest, when they see a token/coin gaining on the exchange

2) since etherdelta is based on the ethereum platform, just a portion of people are ever aware of tokens traded on it

3) etherdelta interface is not as exciting as other bigger exchanges because of the basic colors used to design the website, making it boring at times

1 hour ago, ikegwegbe said:

I think probably crytopia.

Etherdelta, has so many restrictions

1) unlike other exchanges, you cannot see the % gain or %loss anywhere on the site. I know this influence alot of investors to invest, when they see a token/coin gaining on the exchange

2) since etherdelta is based on the ethereum platform, just a portion of people are ever aware of tokens traded on it

3) etherdelta interface is not as exciting as other bigger exchanges because of the basic colors used to design the website, making it boring at times

Genesis is already trading on EtherDelta under symbol "GEN."  I'm amazed that a lot of people don't realize you can easily buy GEN tokens on ED now, for a very low price, and have been able to since before the airdrops completed. 

I understand why some people don't like EtherDelta, but I think that it's an amazing example of a fully decentralized, anonymous, trading app running on the Ethereum blockchain. It represents the future of the internet and digital currency in many ways. 

Another thing I love about it is that people who don't understand it sometimes fill my orders for a great price even when there are higher priced buy orders above mine. It's my little secret ;)

On 12/5/2017 at 2:52 PM, Jackson_Genesis said:

We have a few exchanges in mind for the future to get Genesis added to but we wanted to reach out to the community and see what exchanges you had in mind.

We're looking for realistic exchanges however so while Bittrex and Binance would be great exchanges to be on, they are not realistic for us especially at present.

For Genesis to be listed, an exchange needs to:

1) Accept ERC20 tokens

2) Have a reasonable listing fee OR a fair voting system

3) Easy to sign up and use

Let us know what exchanges you can find!

Good information. This forum educates alot on crypto. Please for the exchanges, binance has got most of what you look out for. .. 

At the end of the day, I think it depends on how much the team is willing to spend on listing the token on the exchanges.

Personally, I like Kucoin but the trade volume there isn't as high as most  other exchanges.

Elsewise, my vote goes to Coinexchange

This projects looks like it is hitting the ground running with partnerships already lined up. Good to see, given the amount of ICOs/whitepapers that have launched with little more than an idea behind them. Wishing this project the best. Have joined Airdrop as I would like to be a part of that success : )

21 hours ago, cgrave said:

At the end of the day, I think it depends on how much the team is willing to spend on listing the token on the exchanges.

Personally, I like Kucoin but the trade volume there isn't as high as most  other exchanges.

Elsewise, my vote goes to Coinexchange

Coinexchange is good but I think you need 2.5btc to get listed

Mercatox, kucoin, coinexchange, yobit, livecoin

There is also a new exchange called gate.io. don't know if it's still functioning though

Edited by seyola9
Typo