munareal

Bitcoin Competitors

You know that's a good question. I think its giving choices to everyone to make concerning value of these coins as well as security in coins. What coins are used for what products. In competing for being the best. Just a thought!

Competition leads to evolution. Surely, not all coins want to compete are competing, otherwise we couldn't choose perspective ones, but that is what making coins become so as we know them now. Bitcoin is well known asset, most of other projects want to have such popularity. It also has well known flows, whole field to work on.

To be honest, I think a lot of the altcoins have zero interest in 'competing' with bitcoin as they view their projects as wildly different & have nothin in common with Bitcoin aside from being part of the same crypto space, The issue with the constant comparison to Bitcoin stems more from the user/investor perspective IMO. I.e the price of every coin always has it's worth valued against USD and Bitcoin plus fact that most altcoins most be purchased via Bitcoin.

Over time as this market matures, this reliance to always constantly compare & measure everything against Bitcoin will become less relevant.

Because Ethereum is entitled to challenge Bitcoin's utility and technology.